Simpson Strong-Tie Strong-Bolt® 2 Wedge Anchors
Fastco is Your Trusted Fastener Distributor
Fastco is your source for anchors, screws, bolts, and more. Located in the Pacific Northwest, we supply customers nationwide with high-quality fastening products in various industries, including construction, manufacturing, agriculture, and more. Contact us to learn how Fastco can provide you with the fastening products you need.
Simpson Strong-Bolt 2 concrete wedge anchors feature a chamfered top designed to prevent mushrooming during installation. The Strong-Bolt 2 wedge-type expansion anchor is optimal for high performance even in seismic and high-wind conditions. Dual undercutting embossments on each clip segment enable secondary expansion if a crack forms and intersects with the anchor location. This feature significantly increases the ability of Strong-Bolt 2 to carry loads even if the anchoring hole expands. Additional features of the Strong-Tie Strong-Bolt 2 concrete wedge anchors include:
Simpson Strong-Bolt 2 Wedge Anchor Advantages
- Qualified for static and seismic loading conditions (seismic design categories A through F)
- Suitable for horizontal, vertical, and overhead applications
- Qualified for minimum concrete thickness of 3 1/4", and lightweight concrete-over-steel deck thickness of 2 1/2" and 3 1/4"
- Standard (ANSI) fractional sizes: fits standard fixtures and installs with common drill bit and tool sizes
- Tested per ACI355.2 and AC193
Material Options for Strong-Bolt 2 Wedge AnchorsFastco distributes Simpson Strong-Bolt 2 wedge anchors in 304 Stainless Steel, 316 Stainless Steel, and zinc. Not sure which material is best for your specific application? Contact Fastco today, and our team will help you find the right product for your requirements.
Zinc Strong-Bolt 2 Wedge AnchorsZinc Strong-Bolt 2 wedge anchors offer good strength with moderate corrosion resistance. These anchors provide a cost-effective, high-performance fastening solution for dry indoor applications. Zinc anchors are not recommended for outdoor use, as extended exposure to moisture and harsh elements can cause corrosion. Industrial uses for zinc Strong-Bolt 2 wedge anchors include:
- Hanging Pipes, Struts, & Fixtures Overhead
- Indoor Construction & Structural Applications
- Lightweight Concrete Applications
- Mounting Electrical Equipment
- Warehouse Racking
304 Stainless Steel & 316 Stainless Steel Strong-Bolt 2 Wedge AnchorsSimpson’s Stainless Steel Strong-Bolt 2 wedge anchors provide higher strength with high corrosion resistance compared to zinc wedge anchors. These stainless-steel wedge anchors are optimal for applications in harsh or corrosive environments, offering excellent durability, versatility, and longevity. 316 Stainless Steel demonstrates exceptional resistance to saltwater and corrosive chemical exposure. Industrial applications for Stainless Steel wedge anchors include:
- Construction in Coastal Areas
- Wastewater & Sewage Treatment Facilities
- Food Processing Facilities
- Seismic Bracing
Fastco Is Your Trusted Supplier for Simpson Strong-Bolt 2 Wedge Anchors
Contact our knowledgeable Fastco Inc. sales staff to learn more about Simpson Strong-Tie Strong-Bolt 2 wedge anchors. You can also call us at 253-383-1767, and our team will gladly help you find the best fasteners for your application.